February 25, 2020
Baking Soda Cleaning Hacks You Can Use
Though long used for its deodorizing capabilities, baking soda can be used for more than just refreshing your refrigerator or baking chocolate chip cookies! Baking soda can take on tough cleaning jobs naturally and inexpensively.
Baking soda has three properties that make it a good candidate for different cleaning jobs in your home.
It’s Mildly Abrasive
Since baking soda is mildly abrasive, it makes it a good option to scrub grime off of things without scratching surfaces.
- A little baking soda sprinkled onto a ceramic cooktop can remove stubborn food particles without ruining the surface.
- Sprinkle baking soda into your stainless steel sink to give a good clean without harsh chemicals. It will also make the inside of the sink shine like new.
- Sprinkle baking soda onto pots and pans, add boiling vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes. Scrub off any stuck-on grease or burnt food.
This is the property that most people think of when cleaning with baking soda. Most homeowners buy a box to refresh the odors in their refrigerators every month.
- It can also be sprinkled in your toilet bowls, left overnight and flushed the next day to freshen up your toilets.
- Baking soda can be put inside stinky shoes to absorb any odor overnight.
- Upholstered furniture and rugs can also be sprinkled with baking soda and then vacuumed to eliminate odors caused by pets.
Baking soda also acts as a natural whitener. There are many ways you can incorporate baking soda as a brightener.
- You can sprinkle a little onto your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it, so your teeth will not be stained.
- Add it to your laundry to eliminate any staining and get your whites white.
- Make a poultice with baking soda and water or baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to lift stains out of marble countertops. This same poultice can be used to clean grout that is getting discolored or accumulated dirt and grime.
Baking soda is one of the few products with such great cleaning capabilities, natural and inexpensive. It eliminates the need for harsh cleaning chemicals and because it is relatively cheap, you can stock up on it for many cleaning projects in your home.
Share on Social